Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quick holiday...

There are so many public holidays in December and January and better still, they fall close to the weekends. This gives us longer holidays and can plan for a quick weekend getaway. But as they are very closed to each other and the recent prices hike up, we can't afford to go on holidays every other week. Therefore, let's plan for a quick and reasonable weekend getaway during one of these holidays.

We've been planning to go to the highlands for many months... so there are a few to be considered. Our main aim is to walk around with the baby and enjoy the cool weather. We are taking the risk that if the baby feel too cold, she might get sick. But lets try.

1. Frasers Hills
2. Cameron Highlands
3. Genting Highlands

I personally wanted to go to Frasers Hills. I've been to the place perhaps over 20 years ago. So I wonder how much the place changed since then. But, after a few research on the hotels/ accomodation, it seems like the place has not changed at all. The Puncak Inn still there, the Ye Olde Smokehouse is highly rated and Shahzan Inn still popular. I can't find any reasonably price hotel with good review. Most of the reviews for these accomodations would say that the place are tad old and need refurbishment. I stayed in Puncak Inn back in the 90s, even then I felt the place was a bit creepy and old. I can't imagine how does it look now. Due to this unwelcoming comments, I have to skip Frasers Hills. Oh I know that if we could rent a villa/bungalow, then it would be very nice place to visit.

Cameron Highlands is our second option. It is very near to my hometown - Ipoh. I know there are plenty of parks and gardens we can stroll around. Plus, we can enjoy cups of tea with scones or homemade strawberry ice cream there. But, the location is a bit far from KL and we only have weekends to spend. Going on long distance will cost us petrol and toll as well.

So left with Genting Highlands or Bukit Tinggi if I could add more options. The resorts at Bukit Tinggi has loads of bad and negative comments recently, so I have to skip that. While Genting has more hotels options. But I understand that if you don't really want to go for the theme park, there's nothing much in Genting itself. Plus, the outdoor theme park is currently under refurbishment until somewhere 2016. Ibu suggested Awana Genting, which is not on top of Genting and the hotel has a garden and park to stroll around. The hotel is old, I stayed there more than 20 years ago. But, luckily, the comments on the hotel is quite balanced.

There you go... the decision is made, the hotel is booked... let's go to Genting!!! And lets see what will we discover...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment