Thursday, January 2, 2014

This is a new blog

I just had a baby after 3 years of marriage. Being an average traveller, the first thing came to my mind when the baby was born (or in fact when we knew we were going to have a baby) was how would I miss travelling when the baby is around. I may not be able to do the backpacking trip or long road trip or go to cinema, theatre or broadway (as if I've been to one) or doing extreme activities etc... Plus, as ibu had a difficult pregnancy and Hessa (my daughter name) such a precious baby, we had hold our travelling abroad during the 9 months pregnancy period which means I have had not travelled during the whole 2013!!!

But as 2014 arrived and Hessa has already reached 3 months old, I shall make some travelling plan. If previously I planned for myself or with ibu, now I have to plan an itinerary to suit Hessa's interest as well. We'll shall see and observe the places assessing whether the place is infant/toddler/kid friendly or not. And we shall plan the packing to ensure it fullfilled Hessa's needs.

Some might say that I am not grateful for the baby or being very negative about it. But, these are my  presumptions and list of issues on travelling with a baby/infant (Hessa is only almost 3 months when this entry is written) Travelling in this blog does not only mean travelling abroad or some place far, travelling here refers to shopping trip to the nearest mall and eating out neighbourhood stalls.

These are my top 5 issues:

1. We need to pack extra clothings for her, plus her diapers/changing mat, baby wipes, the nappy cream or powder. Travelling light is now a history. Luckily Hessa is currently fully breastfeed, therefore, there's no need to bring along items related to preparing her milk, otherwise that along would be another bag to pack along.

2. Kids are known to have mood of its own, they can be cranky which we aren't able to understand. The best timing is when they sleep through the journey. But, they can get cranky because they need to sleep. Plus, they can get bored easily.

3. Disposable diapers help in ensuring the baby is always  comfortable - not many stop for diaper change, but there'll be a lot of stop for feeding. As Hessa is fully breastfeed, we'll have to find a private space for her feeding time. So this will slow down the pace.

4. Kids these days have loads of gadgets, and their gadgets are space consuming... from the car seat to the stroller... worst thing is when even we are prepared with the most comfortable stroller or car seat, but she wanted to be carried/held instead. Yes there's baby carrier, but sometimes that also doesn't help. When they needs these gadgets, when travel abroad - I might have to kill the idea of backpacking completely. And for roadtrip, I might need to limit to 2 kids only, otherwise, I need to rent a bigger car to fit in more than 2 car seats/stroller.

5. They don't understand us as we sometimes don't understand them... loads of negotiations to be done.

The list can go on and on... but I still need to travel... so I need to come to a point where the travelling suits her needs but still a trip that I enjoy doing it... Let's see how this will go along...

No comments:

Post a Comment